Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
YieldMakes 24 10-oz. portions.
- 2 qt. 1% White Milk
- 2 qt. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 c. GFS Honey
- 2 Tbsp. GFS Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb. Chia Seeds
- 6 c. Bananas, sliced
- 6 c. Fresh Blueberries
- 6 c. Markon Strawberries
- 6 c. Fresh Red Raspberries
- 1½ lb. Granola Cereal
1. Place the milk, yogurt, honey, vanilla and chia seeds in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk to blend.
2. Cover tightly with film wrap and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Stir to distribute the seeds after they have settled. Cover tightly with film wrap and refrigerate 24 hours.
4. Transfer pudding to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place ¼ c. of the bananas in the bottom a serving dish.
2. Place 5 oz. of chia seed pudding on top of the bananas.
3. Mound ¼ c. each of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries on top of the pudding.
4. Sprinkle 1 oz. of granola on top of the berries.
STATS PER SERVING Calories: 460; Fat: 16 g.; Saturated Fat: 6 g.; Trans Fat: 0 g.; Sodium: 210 mg.; Carbohydrates: 71 g.; Protein: 16 g.
Meal Pattern Equivalents: 1 oz. grain, 1 c. fruit, ½ oz. meat/meat alternate